View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift View Post
Thanks for the replys gentleman.

I guess I have no choice but to post the photo in question. I apologize to anyone who might currently be looking to acquire this particular item. It is not my intention to draw attention to it. I just need some experienced advice on the particulars.

I am interested in the photo for the pure collectors interest. I own several modern prints of cobb and I think it'd be wonderful to own one of the original vintage prints.

It is advertised as from the "Detroit Press" archives, not sure who the photographer was. It was last sold for $1175 in 2010, it's back up for bid.

The earliest stamped date on the back shows May of 1938 (stamped upside down, faintly hidden behind the attached piece of paper)

So who can tell me what type it is? If there are any definitive labels or signs to prove it's origins.
My guess would be a type 2 but im not 100% sure. Since thats the earliest stamp on there and im sure you know the photo wasnt taken in 1938 then it more than likely is a type 2 since the clarity is still very nice. Theres other indicators such as paper type which could help pinpoint around when it was developed