Thread: Psa
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 06:58 AM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshleps View Post
People like Bill Corcoran and Kevin and Rich at PSA are above reproach.
No one is beyond reproach. That is part of the problem right there. They are giving you an opinion, if you don't want it don't do business with them.

What Ted says is 100% true. We discussed this in a previous thread. Kevin and others I guess are rejecting many many items that are authentic and would have passsed prior to them taking the job. It's either authentic or not, not some BS. Just like when Kevin was selling, "most aren't authentic, except the ones I'm selling". Now I will admit that I respect Kevin, Rich, and others mentioned, but that doesn't excuse rejecting authentic autographs because you feel there are too many in the marketplace. Especially for a Bobby Doerr as mentioned.

I get items authenticated for resale and nothing more. It helps the resale value. Not my personal collection. I have had many non baseball autos rejected as have many people I have spoken to. These other people are very knowledgeable as well. It sounds like they are kicking many baseball related autos as well. Not everything can be an exactly right on the money perfectly flowing vintage autograph that a 10 year old can authenticate.

Lastly, I would like to remind everyone (especially the moderators) that these people in this thread and others need to post their real name or go away. Stand by your comments