View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 02:33 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
I've had a Michael Jordan rookie for 30+ years. I would love to think it would grade PSA 9, but with my luck it will not. If I pay $75 to have it graded by PSA because I list the value at under $2000, do you believe that could influence the grade--since a PSA 9 would seemingly cost a $200 or $500 grading fee?

I have never submitted a card to PSA and have grown skeptical if not jaded in my old age.

BTW, maybe the question is moot because if I submit the card I will do so in person at the National. Can someone provide the onsite grading fee schedule and procedure if I go that route? Thanks.

EDITED TO ADD: I realize my precise situation is more properly one post-1980 and basketball, but I thought the question would get more eyes here--plus it would seem to apply regardless of the the card subject. Thanks for your consideration.
My advice to you is to befriend 4SC and let them submit it.
But seriously, I very much doubt the fee has anything to do with it. I recently got a 10 on a Brady rookie I had valued at about an 8 level.

Scan?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 04-12-2019 at 02:36 PM.