View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 04:49 PM
An$on

Default PSA Grade Opinion

I picked up this card from eBay recently for my 1933 Goudey set. While I'm not disappointed (a graded card is a graded card), I'm a little surprised that it received a grade of a PSA 3.

The back (which the seller did not scan, FWIW) has a little more damage than what I would expect a 3 to receive. That's particularly true given that there is a crease that runs the entire way through the card horizontally that can only be seen on the back (through BIG LEAGUE). The seller offers returns so I don't particularly feel they were being dishonest without showing the back. And I'm probably keeping the card, anyway. The grade just seems high to me.

I'm aware that cards can be removed and replaced in graded holders (so I've heard, anyway), but the case has no sign of tampering at all.

I've attached scans of the front/back. This looks more like a 2, or even a 1.5 by a stingy grader to me), but just wondering what anyone else thinks. I have a few PSA 3s of other cards in the set that look considerably better than this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG.jpg (74.8 KB, 334 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0001.jpg (75.7 KB, 332 views)