View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhey24 View Post
Scott that is one sweet pennant -- it's about time we see a piece of memorabilia from The National!

What are your plans for display -- do you frame it tight to cover up some of the border damage, do you put it inside a mat, or have it "floating"?

Also, do you have most of your Vander Meer material displayed together? Would love to see some photos of that!

Great pickup!

Greg
Thanks Greg!
As to your Q, I don't have any plans to hide any of the border damage because I kind of dig the vintage look. I most likely will frame it, but I'm definitely open to possible suggestions from anyone that's willing to offer.

As for my Vander Meer collection, my long term plan is to have one display case exclusively dedicated to Vandy in 1938. BTW, I love to display some of my favorite collectibles in an eclectic fashion, but at the same time have a central theme that has meaning (at least to me) LOL...

Here is a mini-shrine dedicated to the 1938 Vandy/ Lombardi double no-hit battery that I currently have in one of my display cases. I have a mini-bat of both Vander Meer and Ernie Lombardi, signed vintage cards of both as well as a game ball that was pitched by Vander Meer in a random game in 1938. The ball was fouled into the stands, but makes for a neat display.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vander Meer -Lombardi mini shrine.jpg (39.2 KB, 702 views)