View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 08:41 PM

Here's the next batch of pictures of the magazine. As near as I can tell, this is an article about the big sluggers of the day. Several of the pictures are of Kawakami, and one of the cartoons mentions Oshita.

I didn't post all of the pages to the article. Some of them are just text, and I figured those would be of limited interest. But if someone around here who reads Japanese (Sean, Jeff, somebody?) wants to give me a rough idea of what the article is about, that would be great. (I've included close ups of small sections of the text.) And if anyone is interested in reading the whole thing, I'd be happy to give them (or post, or link to) larger images of the entire article.

On another note: I've considered hunting for R5 and uncatalogued menkos. Given that there are so many uncatalogued sets, do you think that there would be any point to this? If there is a limited supply of uncatalogued sets, a type card from any one of them is special. But if a whole bunch of sets are uncatalogued, is the fact that any given one of them is super rare interesting any more? (There is also the issue that this would be an even more niche project than collecting Japanese hall of famers, but that's another matter.)

Next time I'll post the article about the Red Sox.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mag7a.jpg (68.3 KB, 230 views)
File Type: jpg mag8.jpg (63.6 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg mag9.jpg (67.5 KB, 231 views)
File Type: jpg mag10.jpg (75.7 KB, 230 views)
File Type: jpg mag11.jpg (66.3 KB, 230 views)
File Type: jpg mag12.jpg (71.7 KB, 228 views)
File Type: jpg mag13.jpg (58.6 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg mag14.jpg (59.7 KB, 225 views)