View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 12:29 PM
Sam Sw@rtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I think we all love Al (hey Al). I love him as much as the next guy, in a brotherly way of course. That said I hope there is a way to find a better way to close in the future. It was a great auction. I won some items and consign and will continue all of the above. But when a strategy is to either stay awake for 24 hours or set your alarm clock to get up at the closing, it would seem a better way to end can be had. We love ya' Al. I will continue bidding, consigning, hanging out with you....inviting you to my house, but please, from the bottom of my collector/dealer/investor heart, find a different way to close. Great auction, can't wait for the next one!!

This is well stated, and I would "+1" it, but the only difference is that I've made it a personal policy to not consign to AHs that use this asinine closing system. I understand that LOTG's reputation is second to none, but with so many options, I feel my business should go to AHs that are more "bidder-friendly." I realize I'm just one dude, so who really cares, though I can't be alone in the sentiment.