View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 04:37 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouschi View Post
Riddle me this:
Regarding the glow light test. Based upon this pic:

would you say there are 4 glow back variations?

Also, for you 1991 topps variation collectors - do you all consider the pink # variation a true collectible variation?

Also, does anyone out there have either of the 2 cansecos (regular and all star versions) that don't glow ... or glow and have the lighter cardboard background?
I suppose you could call that four different. I count the dark logo sort of as a set of its own.
I can't really tell if you've spotted the other back that reacts to UV. The ones I have are
Totally non-reactive both cardstock and ink.
Ink does not react cardboard reacts slightly white.
Ink reacts bright orange cardboard does not.
Ink reacts bright orange cardboard reacts slightly white.
Ink reacts a very dark red cardboard does not react.

The brightness of the reaction may be a bit variable. It gets hard to tell unless you're using enough UV to rule out variable distance and angle from the light source.

The reactive cardboard is also tricky as certain things can make it do that. Some stains, and fiber transfer from a reactive white paper like some envelopes or printer paper. I believe it's for real as I've picked up a handful from different sources, but at least one of those had water damage that wasn't easily visible.

And if you are please take precautions. Overexposure to UV can make some people temporaily ill - nausea etc, And UV is also bad for the skin and eyes. So depending on the power and wavelength maybe even gloves and a pair of the special "sunglasses" they use in some labs. (UV at a cartain wavelength and power is used to sterilize some things)

I also think the pink numbers are a real variety rather than an overinking or dry plate like the 61s

Steve B