View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 06:04 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default auctions

I was involved in an online/live sports auction yesterday. There were about 650 lots. You could bid through the website several days before the live auction started and there was plenty of time to look at each lot before the auction began.

Then, when the live auction started, the lots came up 1 at a time. I had early online bids on 27 lots and spent a large portion of the day on my computer waiting for my lots to come up so I could increase my bids if I wanted to. The bidding was quick and easy and the auction moved quickly.

The nice thing is that I wasn't tied to the auction all day. I could estimate when my next lot was coming up, run an errand or two, or list a couple of things on eBay. I ended up listing over 50 items on ebay during the course of the auction.

The other nice thing is that I didn't have to stay up late. The live auction started at 10:30 am central and ended at around 430 pm.

This was my favorite out of all of the auction formats. The auction company wouldn't even need to have a "live" auction with bidders on site. It could be an internet only auction with live computer bidding with lots coming up one at a time.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.

Last edited by buymycards; 10-25-2015 at 06:08 AM.