View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 10:32 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzoo View Post
...I opened a protest explaining the story/claiming fraud on his part, etc. and of course, Ebay sided with the buyer and refunded all the $$ back to him. I asked for $35 to help cover the reholdering from PSA, but nothing from Ebay. What a load of BS.

THEN, this really topped it off. He left me Negative feedback stating..... 'Card is graded PSA 8, case is sealed but cracked, card is definitely TRIMMED!'

WTF!! I did absolutely nothing wrong during this whole transaction. I called Ebay at this point and they agreed it was excessive, refunded the return shipping cost I had to pay which somehow meant they sided with me, and that erased any feedback left for the transaction.
Very recently, I had a bogus NAD claim also. In the past(up until a year ago with my last bogus NAD), a quick phone call to a human at ebay was able to resolve any bogus NAD claims. In these past cases, I would still take the return back but not cover the return or original s/h. However, with this recent claim, I received much the same response from ebay as you. Even after confirming via an ebay message from the buyer that he essentially filed a bogus NAD claim, the CSR provided a one time courtesy refund for the return s/h only. The CSR pushed the "free returns" program as with returns it would allow sellers to offer only partial refunds for damaged items (such as this Mays card), but only if the return was for buyer's remorse and not a NAD return.

I then asked the CSR what had changed with eBay's stance on bogus NAD claims in the past year and I was told that essentially the buyer's word still stands, even if they are proven to be dishonest. I was told reporting the buyer was my recourse and then, once again, the CSR pushed the "free returns".....hopefully the pendulum swings back the other way and allows for more recourse for sellers in cases like this.

Steve's approach to this situation is the approach I have taken, block and move on. Hopefully these situtaions stay rare.