View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 08:24 AM
Richard Simon

"but I got it in person",,, "grandpa was at the stadium and got the autographs, I know for sure, he told me",,, "my friend was the second cousin of a team secretary and she gave him the ball, it has to be real",,, "i caught this ball during batting practice and they let me into the clubhouse to get it signed",,, "uncle Jim went to the stadium and came home with this ball, he said the players all signed it for him",,,"they let me in the dugout and all the players signed it for me",,, etc, etc.
I have heard every story in the world when it comes to facsimile signed baseballs.
A man visiting me with his two teenage sons swore up and down that the ball he showed me, 1970's Yankees with Munson, was signed for him,, it was a 100% facsimile ball, I told him "maybe they signed a ball for you but it was not this one" and as he stormed away from me, I thought he would hit me.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-19-2012 at 08:25 AM.