View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 07:25 AM
Greg Z@y@tz

Default HELP WITH a 1930s (?) H&B Hank Greenberg Model Bat - SOLD

In 2016, some of you may remember that my Pa found half a dozen bats at a Garage Sale, including a Vintage Side-Written Frankie Frisch Reach bat.
I think that most (or all?) of these were sold here on NET54 after you all were kind enough to offer you thoughts and opinions regarding their value –
which my Dad & I GREATLY appreciate.

Well, my Dad has been at it again!

The Lady who had the original Garage Sale (her husband has since passed), contacted my Dad with yet ANOTHER bat which he bought AND AS BEFORE
he asked me to help him find some information about what it is and what it is not. (That translates to "Here, Sonny, sell this for me!")

Anyway, this one is an uncracked Hillrich & Bradsby Co. Model 40 H.G.Hank Greenberg Louisville Slugger bat. It is 36" long and weighs ~30 ounces.
It is in Excellent overall condition, no missing pieces, no splits, no gouges, no repairs.

I ASSUME that it is a Store Model.

And AGAIN as before, ANY information that you would be willing to share regarding the bat's value (or lack thereof) would be greatly appreciated. I would GREATLY PREFER
to sell the bat to an NET54 Member and would be willing to work with an interested party on price but would like to have some idea as to its value before I would accept an offer.

Thanks in advance - the Net54 Family has never let me down in its willingness to share info!

Please feel free to PM or e-mail me if you have any interest in making an offer on it.

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN IN ADVANCE!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bat 1.jpg (77.7 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg Bat 2.jpg (83.1 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg Bat 3.jpg (74.8 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg Bat 4.jpg (77.3 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg Bat 5.jpg (74.1 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg Bat 6.jpg (84.9 KB, 197 views)
File Type: jpg Bat 7.jpg (95.6 KB, 197 views)
File Type: jpg Bat 8.jpg (66.7 KB, 197 views)
File Type: jpg Bat 9.jpg (74.8 KB, 194 views)

Last edited by Eggoman; 05-01-2018 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Item Sold