View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 03:03 PM

Hi! These are some items I picked up today and made me excited

The first two are Tinghäll cards of Ademir and Barbosa. Tinghälls were Swedish candy cards, and these were issued in 1950. I think they are really rare.

Ademir Marques de Menezes was one of the greatest players of the time, and highest scorer in the 1950 World Cup. I think this is the only card issued depicting Ademir:

Moacir Barbosa Nascimento was the goalkeeper of the 1950 World Cup Brazil team. He was also one of the greatest, but he had a tragic fate - his name is written in history as the man who made Brazil cry. He was considered as responsible for the most tragic loose of Brazil, this against Uruguay during the 1950 final, a match better known as "el Maracanaço".

Then I found also this. An example of the Swedish Record magazine, issued in 1958 with number 37. What makes this issue special, is the fact that in this issue one of the two Swedish 1958 rookie cards of Pele was offered as a hand-cut card. It is not impossible to find this card, for example on eBay, but this was the first time I saw a complete issue in such a good state with an uncut card.

... And a closer view:

I also got a very nice example of 1965 Bergmann Franz Beckenbauer (one of the two 1965 rookie cards of this great player):

Happy hunting everyone

MySoccerCards.com

Last edited by SECollector; 08-28-2014 at 04:01 PM.