View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 11:24 AM
Ciaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan833 View Post
I picked this up at an auction held at my alma mater. General Motors donated this and there weren't many other soccer fans, so it ended up in my hands. It is pretty cool to have a shirt from my favorite team and from a match vs. Real Madrid, but I am going to sell it. I don't have any idea how much something like this is worth. I have seen some ManU shirts sell for anywhere from $800-$3500 plus, so I put it on ebay for $3000 obo. Any guidance on value is appreciated.

Manchester United are, by some distance, the most collected British club and their items will generally attract higher prices than those of other clubs.

However, generally, the market for modern day (ie recent seasons) match worn and match issued shirts is relatively cool - in part due to the large number of fakes on the market which, ironically, depress the market in its entirety, even the authentic ones.

The other aspect that subdues prices is simply the large number of shirts available due to, in many instances, "multiple" match shirts being issued per game.

It's a very nice shirt and would have demand but I think the price currently set is on the very high side. For example, I purchase Real Madrid match shirts but could not imagine paying a four figure sum unless it was worn by a high profile player in an important game - but maybe that's because I am more focused on older shirts.

Anyway, not meaning to discourage you at all. It's a good shirt and best of luck with the sale