Thread: R E Question
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsticks View Post
I was told to ignore Shelly because of who he is and what he's done. However, he accused me of going on Haulsofshame and talking about operation foul ball. I never said a word about that because until recently I didn't know anything about it. However, I'm starting to get the picture. I've never personally attacked anyone but I will defend myself when falsely accused. This includes my autographs.

As of today, neither Shelly nor has anyone else provided an alternative to this. I am putting them out there. No takers for authenticity? They must be real then because no one wants to look like a horse's ass when they are proven wrong!
I can only imagine who told you to ignore Shelly,, and you believed him??
So nice of that person to do it privately and not do it on the board. But why be surprised by that?
What Shelly did was many, many years ago and most of the people on this board are in a forgive and forget mode when it comes to Shelly. Shelly has been one of the most helpful members on this board and I am glad to say he is my friend. Not only helpful on the board but he has done much work to stop the proliferation of forgeries in this damned hobby.
And how do you propose to PROVE someone wrong with those autographed photos. Nobody can really prove anything. Someone can give their opinion on them but that is all you can get.
And if you really do want to ignore Shelly there is an easy way to do it. The ignore option is one of the best things about Net54. Use it.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-01-2013 at 05:29 PM.