View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 11:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantlefan View Post
I try to have an open mind on this sort of thing, but I prefer specificity over generality. Let's look at Lot #26...1953 Bowman Color Mantle.

You state: "This particular card up for auction is New York Yankees Hall of Fame legend Mickey Mantle. This card has the appearance of a NM-MT condition card but does measure smaller than the standard size and would likely only receive a grade of “Authentic” if submitted to any of the major grading companies."

Let's say I win this lot for $1000 (incl. BP) and I send it to PSA. I use the 10 day shipping option ($50), send it insured Priority Mail ($14.99) and pay PSA $18 to return it. The card comes back from PSA No Grade - N-1 Evidence of Trimming.

You would refund me $.......?
Hi Frank,

In this case no there would be no refund. This card has been clearly identified as one we believe will only receive a grade of "Authentic". If it is sent in to PSA that is the expected grade and that is clearly stated. Any potential bidder should only bid whatever value they deem the card to be in as an altered card. It does have a NM-MT appearance like many altered cards do but as the title and description clearly say, the expected grade is "Authentic" and NOT a numerical grade.

I am trying to respond to as many posts as possible today. I will continue to reiterate this point. If ANY card we haven't identified as altered is sent in for grading and comes back as such, we will encourage the buyer to return the card for a full refund.

Thanks,

Daniel