View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 07:29 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknock-2013 View Post
I know people post buy and sell here in this forum, but just feel the need to post a hockey story. If it's inappropriate I apologize ahead of time. I'll remove it if it is...

After a long and often times disappointing pro career, Johnny Bower never gave up. Nicknamed "The Great China Wall" Bower finally got his due by being elected to the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1976.
Winning three Stanley Cups with Toronto. Anyway his career is there for all to catch up on, but this is about his continuing popularity among fans of the game.
I recently sent a color photo previously signed by the Golden Jet, Bobby Hull. The photo features he and Bower in an an action shot. I asked him to sign it for me, which he did, and he inserted a note about Bobby Hull's famous slap shot.
It read, " Neil, I was once asked about Bobby Hull's developing another type of shot, I told the reporter, he needs another shot like I need a hole in the head, which I may yet get."
He added two other signed photo cards to the return package, but the note is what I'll treasure the most. This is just one of the reasons he remains a fan favorite. A normal guy, no pretense or ego about him at all.
Recently suffered a loss, came home the other day to find the package in my accumulated mail. Made me smile, needed that.
Thanks Johnny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Great story, Neil.

Thanks for sharing.