View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 05:02 PM
Joe F.ey

Default Help ID: 1930's Canadian Babe Ruth Premium?

I have had this for several years now and would like to try to identify what it is and how it was issued.

Background
Several years back I purchased a very large 800-1000 page 1930's Canadian baseball scrapbook. The scrapbook had very large pages and included hundreds of skinned World Wide Gum cards, OPC cards, V94 OPC (Canadian Butterfinger) premiums, and thousands of unique newspaper clippings. Unfortunately, almost every single card was skinned, with the exception of a few 1937 OPC cards which were all cut out in funny shapes.

I enjoyed the scrapbook for a quite a time but it was large and tough to store - and very brittle. As the cards were in terrible shape, I popped several dozen off with some of the more unique clippings to frame. I also sold a few of the rarer cards and then sold the entire scrapbook to one collector a few years back. Of note, the entire scrapbook was from the Quebec area and there were a few non-newspaper clipping and non-card or known premium items that I also removed to keep. The Babe Ruth item below is one of these...

Item in Question
Not sure if it is a premium or some sort of poster or what, but the back is not peeled/skinned. The back is the same as a premium and has some glue residue and some pencil handwriting. On the front, the picture is a slight of blue/gray color and some misc pencil handwriting on the top/side. The item has been cut/trimmed but currently measures approximately 5.25" x 8.25". The thickness is about that of an index card or very slightly less...

So, any clue what the heck this is?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img371.jpg (80.2 KB, 265 views)
File Type: jpg img372.jpg (79.0 KB, 263 views)

Last edited by 1treasuretrove; 12-31-2017 at 05:11 PM.