View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 04:58 PM
Adam Yastrzemski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
The problem is that you are grouped in with mental midgets and an e-bay return system that allows sellers to mark NO REFUNDS on their listings. You have to wait 10 days minimum after to even open an effin case. then if you call, you get the pleasure of speaking with a nimrod in the Philippines, where requests and good sense go to die.

e-bay's return policy is a complete joke and when i used to get tripped up by sellers, i would ram it right back down their throats with ANY problem PERIOD . Especially when they mark no returns. Even if it took me a month to get my $$$ back, which it usually does. Look at Amazon. Click a box and shove the crap back in the box and it's returned.

Only a licensed moron seller would have NO RETURNS. It is Insane over there. Don't take it personally, just complete jerk off sellers on e-bay and everyone knows it....followed close behind are the idiot buyers.
I am one of the licensed moron, jerk off, mental midget sellers who has no returns on some of the items that I sell. Those items can be easily filtered in an eBay search so you don’t even see the listings that don’t offer returns to help you avoid future problems.
The reason I have no returns on certain, mostly newer cards is that the prices can be extremely volatile. Take the case of Jeremy Lin a few years ago. He was one of the hottest stars in basketball and some of his cards were selling for thousands. Then in a couple of weeks they were virtually worthless. If you gamble on a card - you gamble. You don’t get to return it if you guess wrong. If the player does well and the value goes higher - buyers are not going to try to return it.
Online returns are expensive. They frequently leave the seller with a shipping bill one or both ways. A lot of times the back and forth shipping can cost more than the item itself. I had this last month when a buyer purchased some card holders and bought the wrong size. I clearly gave the measurements of the holders but he ordered the wrong item and “thought it would fit”. As a seller I have to protect myself from absorbing unnecessary costs through no fault of my own. By the way, postage rates just raised for all 3 major carriers.
I go out of my way to make sure a buyer is satisfied after the sale. I hsve had shipping delays before. Sometimes a couple of weeks. Usually that is a USPS issue and they are usually very good about finding the package and letting me know that it may be delayed for a few days. Those words help to put the buyers mind at ease. I have also had the buyer file and get a refund only to have the item show up later with no offer to pay. They get a free item and the seller gets the shaft. Constant communication will help, but not always.