View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 08:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yastrzemski Sports View Post
I am one of the licensed moron, jerk off, mental midget sellers who has no returns on some of the items that I sell. Those items can be easily filtered in an eBay search so you don’t even see the listings that don’t offer returns to help you avoid future problems.
The reason I have no returns on certain, mostly newer cards is that the prices can be extremely volatile. Take the case of Jeremy Lin a few years ago. He was one of the hottest stars in basketball and some of his cards were selling for thousands. Then in a couple of weeks they were virtually worthless. If you gamble on a card - you gamble. You don’t get to return it if you guess wrong. If the player does well and the value goes higher - buyers are not going to try to return it.
Online returns are expensive. They frequently leave the seller with a shipping bill one or both ways. A lot of times the back and forth shipping can cost more than the item itself. I had this last month when a buyer purchased some card holders and bought the wrong size. I clearly gave the measurements of the holders but he ordered the wrong item and “thought it would fit”. As a seller I have to protect myself from absorbing unnecessary costs through no fault of my own. By the way, postage rates just raised for all 3 major carriers.
I go out of my way to make sure a buyer is satisfied after the sale. I hsve had shipping delays before. Sometimes a couple of weeks. Usually that is a USPS issue and they are usually very good about finding the package and letting me know that it may be delayed for a few days. Those words help to put the buyers mind at ease. I have also had the buyer file and get a refund only to have the item show up later with no offer to pay. They get a free item and the seller gets the shaft. Constant communication will help, but not always.

excellent points here