View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 04:44 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gradedcollectibles10 View Post
Great pick-up. Sounds like it is going to the perfect home :-)
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Would changes have been written in? Maybe the date can be narrowed down by checking if any changes were made in the other games?
I'm thinking that would have to be extended to other years too.
I had not thought of that. I checked the 4 games with this exact lineup in 1956, and the others all had a ton of changes, but the no-hit game (not surprisingly) kept the same 9 players the whole game.

I think it definitely makes it a little more likely that the card is from the no-hit game (along with the fact that it's the closest date to the date printed on the back of the card), though REA has a 1955 Dodger's lineup card up now with no markings and in that game there was a couple of pitching changes (although no substitutions in the lineup)

Regarding other years, I don't think it is likely. The card has a 1956 date printed on the back. I can't imagine it would have been printed before 1956, (although I've seen a number that were not used on the date printed) and 1956 was Robinson's last season, so it could not have been later. (This exact lineup never played in 1955 either.)