View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 05:17 PM
Ne@l K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
There are millions of Trout cards. Ben is right, even if he lives up to his potential which is far from certain, the massive supply is going to keep prices down. Any individual issue that doesn't have a lot of copies is just manufactured scarcity which is never a recipe for value. Keep your eye on the big picture.
I am trying, but I believe the big picture is Trout. Sure, there are a ton of his cards out there, but select cards from 2009-2011 have a limited production run - and yes, I know they were designed that way. Some of these have some serious upside in my opinion, which could be sooner than later. Think about his career - 5 seasons, one ROY, two MVPs, and the other three seasons he finished 2nd. Five straight seasons finishing top two in MVP voting.

Bottom line, I agree that selling Mantles to buy Trout cards is not smart. But man o man, it is fun to think about.

Maybe selling Berra's and DiMaggios is the way to go

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Phil Garry, Don Hontz, JStottlemire, maj78, bcbgcbrcb, secondhandwatches, esehobmbre, Leon, Jetsfan, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others