View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 05:33 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac32 View Post
The only issue is see with this is that in all his buying, he has yet to leave anyone feedback. Since leaving feedback is not mandatory for eBay, seems like a pretty lame way of doing things. It's only $11.00 so doesn't have any bearing on my purchasing from sellers. If its a question about my shipping, all they have to do is look at my feedback and see that I ship the day after I get paid in every case. The rep asked about tracking and we explained that it would cost more to track than it is worth. Got the impression that they were trying to get us to buy our shipping and postage from them at an inflated price. eBay/ PayPal and their policies, enough to drive anyone crazy.
Unless things have changed the price to buy the postage through Ebay/paypal is actually less than going to the post office. They were using the USPS online rates which were a bit less than the over the counter rate. Only a few cents for most postage, but loads cheaper for Delivery confirmation. Currently .90 at the post office but only .20 online. So you'd save maybe .75 per package plus you can just hand them to the mailcarrier.

It's still silly that they're holding up $11 unless the buyer is overdrawn.

Steve B