View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 04:16 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Those sound like Roy Halladay numbers.

PS I am really surprised Cliff Lee and Roy Oswalt didn't have better career numbers.

He was a lot of fun to watch! So graceful!

His delivery reminded me of Floyd Bannister when he was here (in Columbus) while in the minors...so smooth.

Seems like, however, that type of delivery would be very easy to time...unless your breaking and off-speed pitches are sufficiently similar coming out of your hand.

Lee's were...but injuries stopped him...just as it has many before and since him.

As I said, they were fun to watch, but not in the 1%.

As far as Halliday is concerned, he is a border line case for Cooperstown but he did author what I believe is the best pitched game I've ever seen...

His Playoff No-Hitter vs. the Reds - IMO - it was better, even, than his Perfect Game that same year...and, dare I say it, better also than

Kerry Wood's one-hit, no-walk, 20-strikeout game...which remains the highest game-score ever.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 07-03-2017 at 04:21 AM.