View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 05:28 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default Kiick

Well, I am going to spare you all the nerdy details, but let's just say that I would have never "met" any of you without the 1971 Topps FB set.

While I had gathered cards from 1970 in both football and baseball as an 8yr old, when I turned 9 I was completely obsessed. I was a Miami Dolphin fan growing up in Vermont (of course). Jim Kiick , Larry Csonka and Bob Griese were on top of the world to me!

So I collected these cards with passion, doing any chores I could do to earn a dime so that I could acquire more packs. That passion took over as the season turned to baseball in 1972 (I have lots of those too) and I have never really looked back. I had a few years off , as most of us had , as we grew up and had other interests competing for those dimes.

When I re-entered the card collecting world in 1988? I still had all of my old cards except my tall boy basketball and my 1971 Topps FB! So I found some on eBay and it went crazy from there.

When we were opening those cards as kids, it seemed Csonka (1st series) was easy to get. Kiick was harder to find ( 2nd series, although not tremendously more difficult, just a little).
Kiick was my favorite of the bunch...and 45 years later I am still at it!

Hey, I was going to spare the details and just beg for more Kiick cards, but instead I will just go to eBay and see what's out there this week

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.