View Single Post
Old 12-03-2002, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Default Check This Out -- The Phony Sports Illustrated / AAA Reply

Posted By: Todd (nolemmings)

I agree that much of the seller's response is condescending and gratuitous. Still, if we can determine from the paper or photography that the "cards" offered by these guys are reprints, it seems that they're on the hook.

<<First of all the description of the product in question and all our products are 100% accurate. This particular one says, "This item is actually from 1954. Exact Topps 1954 issue card front and back, on paper stock from the Sports Illustrated First Issue Topps Set" (which implies that they are from sports illustrated are from 1954 and are on paper stock.) If you look further in the auction it states that it is on PAPER STOCK and from SPORTS ILLUSTRATED. It has that twice and in bold and at the top of our listing in order NOT to deceive.

Second all our items ARE from the year stated. That is why we pay $$$ for the grading of these items by AAA (a very reputable, service oriented company) When someone traces the card online through their website it also comes up "PAPER STOCK" and S.I. to state they are from the magazine and not the card stock ones.>>

If they are from 1954, then I guess I find little wrong with selling them, for reasons stated in my other post.
Regards........Todd