View Single Post
Old 12-03-2002, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Default Check This Out -- The Phony Sports Illustrated / AAA Reply

Posted By: Bruce Moreland

I think that these are so easy to spot that anyone should be able to spot them, and if someone bids on this, they are either hopeless or marching to the beat of their own drummer.

This stuff is not listed in any catalog. The implication is that any "newbie" who falls for this isn't even looking the stuff up.

Why spend a lot of energy helping someone who can't possibly know what they are buying since the stuff isn't cataloged, and can't possibly know what it's worth, since it is in no price guide?

These people are bidding on stuff they can't possibly have even tried to understand!

This is different from counterfeit, reprinted, or over-graded material. Not everyone can be an expert on everything all at once. But if someone is bidding on "mainstream" bogus material, at least they are *trying*, because at least they have figured out what a card is. I'd happily spend energy helping these people to get it right, and in fact a large portion of my website is devoted to helping novices understand these very issues.

bruce