View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Default Best Box or Pack you ever opened???

Posted By: marty q

how about a garbage can full of 1970's football wax and cello's! i dragged the can to my house form down the street, dumped it on my porch and went to work with a friend, i remember so many payton rookies it made my head spin, turns out the guy owned a deli in brooklyn, used to bring home all leftover/unsold candy and what not, no baseball at all, guess that sold, must have been at least 500 packs in there, this was 1979, how did we find it? coming home from the park my friend tossed a baseball at me that skiped past and hit and sat right there next to the pail, as i went over the top was off, and boom!! i was floored, i thought all the way home that it was baseball, my mom made me bring the pail back as soon as i dumped it, she made sure i wrang his bell and told him what we done, he didn't care, i asked if had baseball he said no, he did say he had bundles of comics, i didn't collect comics, and i went on my way, ....did you guy's read what i just typed!!! i didn't collect comics and went on my way!! what an idiot! sold all the football in 1984 i remember at a card show to buy the new topps cards, being a yankee fan i was more than thrilled to try and get as many don mattingly rookies as i can, again..what an idiot!!!