View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 11:55 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
I'm still a consignor.

I had a bunch of PSA graded 1940 Play Ball cards and, because of the scandal, I decided to sell the majority myself. I still sent a handful to PWCC (mostly doubles) which ended yesterday.

I'll tell you, the PWCC cards did significantly better than the ones I decided to sell on my own. Not only that, but one of the copies I sold was returned because the buyer didn't like the style of PSA holder (seriously). I regret going through the effort and putting in the time to sell these myself just to deal with idiots on ebay and get less for my efforts.

I'll keep trying to move away from PWCC, but it's difficult to justify the amount of work to sell things yourself. It's significantly more work for less pay.
I get what you are saying. I have been on eBay since close to the beginning. I have noticed about 1 in 100 sales are a serious PITA. I rarely sell any more but just had one of those A-Holes. Got a NPB so a little over a week after the auction ended for the item I got to relist it so I could really sell it.

Just too bad there wasn't someone who does this ethically on eBay for the same fees PWCC does.