View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 06:37 AM
Barry Sloate

I haven't posted in over a year, but after slogging through this thread I felt compelled to say something. And it was ltclarkes post at #167 that got me to do so. Here's what I take away from reading this thread: Everybody is shouting, and nobody is listening.

I've been saying for awhile now that I think America is very close to a civil war. No, not like the one from the 1860's- we won't see cannon fire or rifles fitted with bayonets- but we are pretty much in an ideological one. I am really afraid that after the election in two months, the country is going to explode. And I admit I have absolutely no idea how it can be prevented.

To me the worst problem in America now is nobody is willing to listen to or even consider an opposing point of view. Nobody is willing to even concede that the other guy might be making a good point because it is considered capitulating. You're a loser if you admit the other guy may be right. And the rhetoric and the venom seems to be getting worse by the day.

Here is something I will leave you with: if the other guy has an opinion that differs from yours, calling him an idiot is not cool. You are not solving the problem, but becoming part of it. I really worry for the future of this country.

And I won't be posting again, so please excuse me if I don't answer a post sent my way. Thanks for listening.