View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 09:46 AM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
I don't need to speak for Leon, but I think he is being misunderstood. I believe he is referring to people who never have anything to offer the board about vintage baseball cards, but like to air out their complaints about being stiffed by auction houses, or ragging on PSA. If you want to hang your personal laundry without ever offering some good baseball card knowledge, then you are a taker. If you post occasionally, but always do so intelligently, all is fine.

I think Barry nailed it. I think it's even more telling if you contrast the main boards with the BST. I can think of several members who use the BST as an arm of their business plan, marketing division. I am aware that some are long time dealers/collectors who NEVER post on the main board and/or offer anything to the group.

I think of all of the posters on this thread as "regular" board members and, by definition, if you are reading and reacting to this thread, you're probably OK.

I believe the guys Leon is referring to would never even bother to open this thread, so they won't be offended.