Thread: Maybe it is me?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 07:36 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387
Default cost

Usually the last thing a Seller who says before he says "ill keep the card' when asking for more than market value (card listed for months and months etc) is "I paid X for it"

This is usually after showing the seller the past ebay sales, the past VCP sales, SMR etc.......never understood why they say 'I paid X for it' If looking to pay market price, i like to pay what cards are worth, not what the seller claims they paid for it.

Does that mean they misjudged the value before? So now they are an expert of market value based on their mistake? I would think that makes them prone to new mistakes.

Yes i know when they mean to say they wont sell it for what you want to pay for it because thats what they paid for it..but really they mean to say "Cant offer it at market value because I paid X for it"

We are not talking about prying card away from a private collection, this is an active seller. Seller can do whatever they want with the card...but they cant complain they are not being offered 'market value' when their main argument is 'I paid x for the card"

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 12-09-2014 at 07:37 AM.