View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 09:59 AM

Default Mystery Solved!!!

t206hound, you are da man!

Yes, it is the T206 of Fletcher. I will download a complete scan of the card as soon as I find some time this weekend. It is so cool.

It appears that I was super tired when putting the scans on my thumb drive and the reversed the images. Nice detective work - congrats.

I will get back to my T206 bros soon. I need sleep though - super heavy work schedule.

Lastly, I need to ask for forgiveness from all because I failed to list the credits in Gabriel's article written about my past great, great grandfather. Gabriel, you are the best!

Take care Charlie

Sources

Burkholder, Edwin V. "The Curious Case of Charley Faust." Sport. 8:6 (June 1950).

Busch, Thomas S. "In Search of Victory: The Story of Charles Victor ('Victory') Faust." Kansas History. 6:2 (Summer 1983).

Mathewson, Christy. Pitching in a Pinch. New York: Grosset and Dunlap, 1912.

McGraw, John. My Thirty Years in Baseball. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 1995.

Ritter, Lawrence. The Glory of Their Times. New York: Macmillan, 1966.

Schechter, Gabriel. Victory Faust: The Rube Who Saved McGraw's Giants. Los Gatos, California: Charles April Publications, 2000.

Seymour, Harold. Baseball: The Golden Age. New York: Oxford University Press, 1971.

Newspapers from Arkansas, Boston, Brooklyn, Chicago, Cincinnati, New York,
Philadelphia, Portland (Oregon), Seattle, St. Louis, Tacoma, and Topeka, as well as Marion County, Sporting Life, Sporting News, and Variety.

Player files at the National Baseball Library in Cooperstown, New York: Red Ames,
Beals Becker, Al Bridwell, Doc Crandall, Eddie Dent, Art Devlin, Josh Devore,
Mike Donlin, Larry Doyle, Louis Drucke, Steve Evans, Art Fletcher, Grover Hartley, Buck Herzog, Arlie Latham, Rube Marquard, Christy Mathewson, Bert Maxwell, John McGraw, Fred Merkle, Chief Meyers, Red Murray, Bill Rariden, Bugs Raymond, Wilbert Robinson, Fred Snodgrass, Lefty Tyler, Art Wilson, Hooks Wiltse.