View Single Post
Old 11-21-2004, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Default What one may not know when posting...

Posted By: Dan Koteles

Adam,

No one got any crap for the post,but the secret shouldn't necessarily be out of the bag on every auction .

There are enough open auctions to interest all here, but if it does not effect my collection, I could care less what who has. Barry Sloate , who most of us do know, auctions alot of 19th century stuff ,(hi Barry )well my collection doesn't harbor any of it .I really do not like most black and white cards, which alot of 19th century cards are , so Iam not going to mention...say a McPhee Old Judge if Iam not interested in it or it is of my lingo. I shouldn't have to buy everything from a dealer ! This opens the door to all of them , unless they dont see a profit based on the bid.

I just bought some things that I needed from Mike Wheat ,used to buy alot of t205 and t 206s from Barry Sloate when he dealt in them, cause it pertained to me.

Say that you have a interested client that you know is a lock win for you, you havent started the case yet, but looks like you have a chance to be the attorney, our you gonna advertise in your local paper that this gem of a client needs assistance ? Why ?... because it pertains to you.

Somethings can wait until an auction ends. All are not going to be an open book or a challenge to outdo one another such as in a Mastro auction.