Thread: New Guy Here
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Administrator

Default New Guy Here

Posted By: Shanon

I live in Southern Indiana but have a brother-in-law that lives in Vero Beach Florida. A few years back Duke had a sports bar there, and I was lucky enought to go there. I also went to dodgertown and watched some minor league games. I am a long time Big Red Machine fan having watched them growing up in the 70's. I did attend a reunion show in Cincinnati and managed to obtain a team signed ball from the 1975 team. I traded many Nolan Ryans for Rose, Morgan, and Perez's growing up. I even got back into card collecting after my trips to dodgertown and have been a Brooklyn fan since. However I quickly found out that it was impossible to keep up with all the new product so I sold off everything and decided older was better. I think I have a small but growing collection of EX-NM cards, and am glad to have found this forum for interaction and to learn. There are not many people in my area that collect vintage, I had a friend who had put a near complete set of T-205 together but he had some financial problems and sold it off. Even the card shop in town does nothing but new stuff. I don't go to many shows because it is all new stuff, so I will try to hit a Cincinnati or Chicago show occasionly. Well thanks and I am glad to be here.