View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 04:19 PM
R0b Sm!th

Quote:
Originally Posted by canjond View Post
I was going hard for the D350-1 Ruth... always a card I wanted for my collection, but alas, I lost it with 2 minutes to go so ended up the bridesmaid. I was able to pick this up, however.
That is tough losing a card like the D350-1 Standard Biscuit Ruth at the last minute, but at least you still got a nice consolation prize. I honestly was expecting the Ruth to sell for another bid or two as it was a very nice looking card and so, so rare with that back. I always thought that this specific back (along with D329 Weils, D352 Morehouses and H801-9 Globes) was cool since Burdick saw fit to give it is own ACC designation, while most of the rest are all lumped into the M101-5/4 number.

That Goudey advertising sheet is beautiful. I am surprised that REA did not offer more information regarding the restoration that they mentioned in their write up. It sounds like they are the ones who help facilitate the restoration. It would have been nice to have seen before and after pictures along with the "treatment report" that should have been supplied by the restorer.

Last edited by robertsmithnocure; 05-08-2018 at 11:25 AM.