View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 10:06 AM
Al Jurgela

Default Yes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collect Equity View Post
In trying to establish a date of release, from what I can tell all of the Diario Noites 'stamps' seem to be of photos from 1958. In fact, two share images of other cards printed in or near 1958 - the Balas Futebol and the Titulares #50.

Best of all, if you happen to have doubles of the Titulares but are still missing the Diario Noites 'stamp,' you could just cut out Pele's head on the Titulares and then you'd have created a home-made Diario Noites
They appear to use the image of the Titulares (which was 1958) and the Balas (also 1958). These particular issues are a "homage" to the winning 1958 World Cup team, which at the very least means that they were published AFTER the World cup (but potentially still in 1958 - potentially August - which is on one of the cardboard).

Since the WC was held in June, we can - with certainty - predate the ALFA rookie card to these cards... but still likely 1958 issues, which means that many would still consider them "rookies". As mentioned in may other posts, there is a lot of data that suggests that the Quigol is a 1959 or 1960 card and many still consider than his rookie. I tend to put the Titulares album as issued prior to the World Cup as well as it does not proclaim victory anywhere and the title infers "starters". The "safest" Pele rookies to me are the ALFA, Titulares (though PSA is no longer grading them) and the VAV cards.

Anyway, the rookie designation is (somewhat) in the eye of the beholder.
50 Hage's Dairy (Minoso)
All Oscar Charleston Cards
Rare Soccer cards
Rare Boxing cards