Thread: First snowfall
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 05:31 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCRfan1 View Post
Tell more about the truck and post more pics! I don't care about the snow due to where I live. 🌅🌴
I will post a few pics this weekend. The truck is my younger brothers. I believe he bought the 2 trucks when he was a sophomore in HS. It took him about a year to do a complete rebuild in my house. Seriously, I lived in a crappy old trailer house with a wood addition built on the side of it. We cut a door into the front of the addition and he rebuilt the truck in there.

The body is a 1950 Ford and the frame/running gear is a mid-70's Ford 4X4 Camper Special. He put a new crate 351CI engine in it. Because the newer truck has a longer frame he built the storage box between the cab and box so the wheels lined up with the wheel wells. This thing was like brand new when he was done. He kinda drove it for a few years but mostly just sets in his driveway. It has just over 16,000 miles on it since the complete restoration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
It just started snowing here today for the first time this fall. Other parts of Ontario have received some decent amounts but all has melted now.

Only suppose to be +2 to +3 celcius this weekend and I don't even have snow tires put on any of the vehicles yet!

Our fall, so far, has been colder, windier and rainier than most falls in the past which has really screwed me up for getting things done.

I managed to get the front lawn raked yesterday but my backyard is still full.
A lot of trees around here still haven't even shed their leaves yet!

Nice truck, btw, Ben. Is that a 4x4 or does it just sit higher than normal.

I have a 74 Monte Carlo that has sat in my garage for over 15 years now. I cooked the engine that long ago and never got around to looking at it again due to having kids and everything else associated with that.
I am hoping either next year, or the year after that, when I am fully retired to get back at it again.
It's going to cost some bucks but at least I should have the time, I hope?
Nice car Dale, one of my best friends had a blue 74 Monte Carlo in HS.