Thread: Usps
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Craig Diamond

Default Usps

I walked out my front door today just as the mailman (woman) was pulling up. I noticed she had a small stack of 4-5 Priority Mail envelopes on her lap. Looked promising! I also noticed that they were all tightly held together by a rubberband or two. She apparently needed to scan each one, but instead of taking off the rubberband, she began attempting to scan each by folding the corners or even essentially folding them in half. My jaw dropped. "Whoa!! Please don't bend those!" She shrugged, said woops and handed them over. When I "expressed my irritation", she said "I didn't bend them", with a straight face. Huh?

I knew at least one of the envelopes held a T3 Turkey Red and I walked into the house expecting the worst. I've looked at the card - no problems with it or any of the other packages. Cool. However, the packaging was flimsy at best and it would have been a real shame to have ruined that card. I think my blood pressure is back to normal now.

Please, please always pack with care. I know that mail and package carriers are just doing their job, but they don't care about the "old cardboard" as much as we do. And when in doubt, send instructions and/or plead with novice sellers on how to properly pack and ship. Better safe than sorry.

Happy Collecting,
Craig