View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 01:39 PM
Gary McNabb

Default Vintage Card Collecting

]Sorry for the double posting??? I can't figure out how to delete ???

Just rekindled my passion card collecting after a 10yr absence due to throat cancer and the many side effect illnesses that follow. After discovering my cards again I soon realized how much the hobby has changed. The importance of having your cards graded ? The creation of a new released rare card ? The obsession for grade and value.

None of my cards are graded and most are in the good - excellent range. I love reaserching and looking up the history of the player, the card series, and the maker. I don't mind a stain, a crease, corner wear and a lot of my cards have been pasted in albums. I have a Red Cross back like that and love it.

One of the first things I did was to contact a Gentleman that I used to do business with, Mr. Mark Macrea who to my joy was still in business. I love the security and pleasure that comes from dealing with others in much more positive way than the world of Ebay and the other internet avenues.

I collect and have a Highlander/Yankee type collection and love to talk about them...

Last edited by garymc; 02-01-2017 at 02:15 PM. Reason: double posted