View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Default Let's see your Rare 1954 Bowman Ted Williams ?

Posted By: Al Simeone

Ted Z.
You are so right! The key word you touched on is GREED. All the people you touched on , the Burdicks, Nagys, and Carters all had PREMIRE collections meaning there collections were so vast and in carters case pristine that yes since the option of grading is such in his favor it would be foolish not to have the cards graded.This could be a whole other topic I would be so curious to know what these men really think of grading and the amount of money there items are going to and have commanded!! But as we know lets just use this forum, for the average person looking to buy a GEM 10 54 bowman ted williams the price would be way out of his range (because of grade) but to buy a non graded lets say vg-ex 54 williams (non Graded) there would probably be a card out there he could buy. The "hobby" as we (old school) people see it has become ruined by the so called grader. If this hobby is to survive meaning NEW BLOOD i.e. young children and teenagers looking to collect some of these older items they will never be able to afford any of this (high Graded) material unless there is the "raw" or lesser material available. Here is another ponder for you peter you now have that great looking gem 10 54 Ted Williams $20,000 1/1 if there is no one out there to but it whats it worth? I guess P.T. Barnum said it best there is a SUCKER born every minute! I wouldnt want to be the last one holding the bag when the bottom falls out of that graded market!!