View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 01:31 PM

Default t206 Indiana players...

Hello,

Brand new to this forum.

So, I have recently decided to collect again after 25 years of not collecting. I collected as a kid in the late 70's and early 80's, came across some t206 cards at a flea market when I was maybe 10 years old and was always fascinated by them. Got older, stopped collecting, my collection disappeared and now I am actively recouping.

I am starting small, just a niche. I grew up in Indiana and my first t206 was a Charlie Carr, Indianapolis. My goal is to collect all the t206 players who were either born or buried in Indiana as well as the 5 Indianapolis players(none of whom were actually born or buried in Indiana). A strange niche I guess, but I don't have the resources for a full set attempt and this collection is within my resources.

I have done my research and I have to the best of my knowledge a complete list. The list is as follows:

Harry Arndt, Providence
Mordecai Brown, Chicago
Donie Bush, Detroit
Doc Crandall, New York
Lou Criger, St. Louis
Cecil Ferguson, Boston
Glenn Liebhardt, Cleveland
George Mullin, Detroit
Frank Oberlin, Minneapolis
Ed Summers, Detroit
Jack White, Buffalo
Jimmy Burke, Indianapolis
Charlie Carr, Indianapolis
Monte Cross, Indianapolis
Paul Davidson, Indianapolis
Jack Hayden, Indianapolis

That's the list thus far. I have already acquired nice examples of:

Davidson
Burke
White
Summers
Ferguson

And I intend to complete the Indiana collection including the variations of Brown, Mullin and Crandall.

I guess my question is, from those that know far more than I, is this list complete? I have done my research, but I have had trouble finding biographical info on most of the southern league players and I think there may be a piece or two missing from my list.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.