View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 08:25 AM
Bill Gregory

My list changes occasionally. And let me say that having to narrow it down to five is really, really hard, because I'm a real sucker for baseball movies. But here's where I'd have it right now:

1. The Natural
2. Moneyball
3. Eight Men Out
4. 61*
5. Field of Dreams

I loved 42, and at some point, I'm sure it will creep into this list. Right now, though, I just have no clue which movie I'd swap it for. This is like being asked "what's your favorite 5 Beatles albums?"

After Field of Dreams, 42, Cobb, Chasing 3,000, Trouble With the Curve and Fever Pitch would be my next five right now.

I kept an open mind going into "Fever", and ended up really liking it. I wasn't going to hate it, because I have a thing for Drew Barrymore. But I totally identified with Ben's Red Sox obsession (I'm the same way about my Milwaukee teams). I liked Trouble With the Curve a lot, too.

Let me say that I love how many great baseball films there are!

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.