Thread: Opinions Please
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2004, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Default Opinions Please

Posted By: warshawlaw

I think the seller is handling the situation honestly. If the cards are trimmed a full refund is appropriate, but I don't think you should get a refund of the grading fees or any extras because the listing does say that the cards are short, which is a GIANT red flag to me. It also sounds like you got a very discounted price on ex-mt T206 cards based on that red flag; I'll buy them at that price per unit all day if they are really ex-mt because I can slab them and easily double my money. If they are not trimmed or you are not sure if they are trimmed, then what you are saying is that you don't believe the opinion of the grading service you chose. If so, the seller doesn't owe you anything, again because he disclosed the condition issue and you are apparently in disagreement with the service. IMHO asking for a discount or rebate is fair for an undisclosed condition issue when you want to keep the cards; if the issue is disclosed and you missed it, you really cannot complain. Send 'em to GAI; if they make it back at all, they will probably be 7's