Thread: Stolen Card
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2004, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Default Stolen Card

Posted By: Judge Dred

Paypal or ebay sympathetic??? Those schmucks encourage you to try and resolve your issues with the seller (or buyer, which ever the case may be).

This stall tactics usually ends up with one party getting shafted. Case in point - I paid for an item via paypal and the item was not received. I contacted the seller who kept telling me to be patient (new job, sick mother, you name it). By the time I had my fill of it I tried getting paypal to refund my purchase... too late, I waited too long. I contacted ebay which did nothing about it. It was past their time limit. This person sent me an email stating that he had documented proof that I signed for the package. I couldn't believe it. I sent that email to ebay to no avail. I told ebay to request the proof from the seller but it was too late.

This is what gives ebay and paypal a bad name.

Moral of the story - don't let the time limits for ebay or paypal expire before filing a claim against a non-performing seller. Paypal and ebay encourage you to resolve it with the seller. If the seller knows about the time limitation then all they have to do is stall long enough. Negative feedbacks pretty much mean NOTHING. This is one reason I think paypal and ebay suck.