View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 07:51 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSix View Post
I will be attending the Sports Card & Memorabilia Expo in Toronto at the International Centre this weekend. I need some help to understand what to expect when I checked in at the Toronto airport (Custom Agent ) when returning home on Sunday. I live in the U.S.

1. Do I need to document and declare all my purchases from the show?
2. If so, how would the Custom Agent confirm the declared value? Do I asked the dealers for a receipt?
3. Is there a monetary value where I would not have to declare anything purchased?
4. What percentage of my purchase expenses should I set aside to pay any taxes at the airport?

I appreciate if any one has those answers. Looks forward to seeing all the old-time hockey memorabilia.
I'd say Google should have everything you need? There should be customs info on there as well.
Personally, and I could be wrong, but I don't think you have to worry about with CDN customs but rather U.S. customs when you return there. Their the ones who will be interested in what you spent/purchased while in Canada I believe. It would be the same as me coming back into Canada from the U.S.. Customs here would want to know how long I was gone, how much I spent and what I purchased while stateside.

Hoping to go this weekend myself. Quite possibly Friday?

Last edited by irv; 11-06-2018 at 07:54 PM.