View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 07:11 PM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbvLajoie1910 View Post
Dr. M strikes again. I saw a couple of board members were in heavy on it; you have my empathy, Gents.

As an aside, I messaged the individual selling it -- and congratulated them on the impending sale. Her response was awesome. Besides being blown away at the response (and the honesty of a few people advising her to watch the auction play out) -- she reminisced about her grandfather buying it for her, because she was in love with Brooksie's "beautiful blue eyes". She said she just wanted $50 for it; hopefully, it helps fund something grand for her (courtesy of her Grandfather).

Loved the story, thought I'd share. Congrats, Paul.
Yep there were a few of us in on that one Aaron! Its hard to justify why the pin went so high but I believe it might be because these were the first brooks robinson pins seen, could also be because my feeling was they spelled his middle name wrong COLBERT instead of CALBERT and was probably pulled from production very early. No one will ever know why but it was a great pin..

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..