View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Default Show & Tell us your favorite BB events

Posted By: leon

I am going to reveal more of my adult misbehavour here. I was at the Astro's game when Ryan got his 4000th strikeout.

#4000 Danny Heep (July 11, 1985 vs. New York Mets)

The reason I remember it is because several friends and myself went to the game sans tickets. First of all we flashed our drivers licenses like they were a special pass and we got all the way to VIP parking. We just kept going in the car and once past a gate guy they had to direct everyone behind us so let us go. We gave some traffic flag waver a $10 bill and he let us park. We were all dressed in nice business casual, about 4-6 of us, and proceeded, without tickets, through the security entrances. When we got to the first security guy we said we were with Scott Crow, of the lighting crew. This was totally made up. We looked like we knew what we were doing so he let us go...with each of the subsequent security guys it got easier to keep going. SO we all got in for free. Then if that wasn't good enough we made our way to where the announcers were and there was a private party with a keg. Need I say more? We crashed it and fit right in....drinking up the beer. When Ryan got #4000 we all jumped up and spilled our free beer everywhere shouting at the top of our lungs.....those were the days. (or what I can remember of them)......