View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 10:31 PM
Bill Gregory

You know, Dan, now that I look a little further down on the right edge, I see what you mean. It does seem to slope inward slightly, starting at about the belt level. You really need to look at it in higher resolution to spot it. But the edge quality seems to be maintained consistently, where I look at the left edge, and see something different altogether. The first deviation is at bat level, then there's a second at ear level where it becomes much more pronounced. Could it have been from the factory cut? I suppose so, but my Spidey senses are tingling enough where, where I in the market for a PSA 9 '70 Clemente, I would never buy this one. Be it a trim job, or a factory plate slip up, I just don't see this being anywhere near a 9 grade. The left edge brings it down substantially, and I think the seller got the benefit of the doubt here, big time.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.