View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default A Proposal - The Forrest Modification

This is a duplicate post with the title corrected. Initially I couldn't figure out how to edit the title. Now i can't figure out how to delete one of these posts.
This post is identical now to the previous one.

Runscott has stated in a recent post

"I like the '1000' magic number, but would still like to see the other two members of the 'big six' get some credit. Maybe shave a little off Wagner and give it to Demmitt and O'Hara - won't affect the Wagner-owners, as they would have all three."

Scott, i will offer the following proposal named the Forrest Modification

Currently / Proposed

Wagner 240 / Wagner 200
Plank 80 / Plank 80
Doyle 80 / Doyle 80
Magie 80 / Magie 80
Demmitt SL 1 / Demmitt SL 21
O'Hara SL 1 / O'Hara SL 21

I am asking for feedback from those with posted Monster Numbers.

If you have reported 1 or more Monster Numbers, you get 1 vote.
(Rawn doesn't get 10 votes.)

Arguably this will lead to other suggestions, such as giving more weight to the Doyle card, giving additional credit for rare backs, autographs or grades.
i make this proposal with trepidation. I don't want to head down a slippery slope of endless requests for change. The success of this thread is its simplicity and my vote is "Leave It Alone" and I'm sure Scott's vote will be "Change It". Views of this thread are over 5000 and it is on the 7th page of over 1000 pages of total threads, based on total views. I say if it's not broken, don't fix it.

For the sake of this vote, if you suggest further modifications, your vote will be disqualified. Majority rules. Voting will end midnight Sunday CDT.

If this passes and I hope it does not, all Monster Numbers of 520 will become 560. Monster numbers less than 518 will remain unchanged unless a Demmitt or O'Hara variation is reported. Monster Numbers of 680 will become 720. If there is a doubt about these variations, notify me or the thread for clarification.

If this fails and I hope it does, no modification will be made. The polls are now open. Simply respond "Leave It Alone" or "Change It". Disinterest in this poll will be interpreted as favoring the "Leave It Alone" group.

The decision of the JUDGE will be final.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 04-11-2012 at 06:25 PM. Reason: IT lameness